Why I collect your personal data and what I do with it
When you supply your personal details to this clinic they are stored and processed for 4 reasons (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the General Data Protection Regulation – ie. the law):
1. I need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that I would not be able to provide treatment.
2. I have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting the information, because without it I couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
3. I also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with me or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest,” but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided I have your consent, I may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw from this consent at any time – just let me know by any convenient method.
I have a legal obligation to retain your records for 7 years after your most recent appointment, but after this period you can ask me to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, I will retain your records indefinitely in order that I can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see me at some future date.
Your records are stored on paper, in locked filing cabinets.
I will never share your date with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
- Your practitioner(s) in order that they can provide you with treatment.
- Other administrative staff, such as our bookkeeper. Again, administrative staff will not have access to your medical notes, just your essential contact details.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours I hold, and you can also ask me to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask me to erase your records.
At Deborah Talalay Healing, I are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of my clients and my visitors to my web site. In particular, I want you to know that we are not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. Below is a list of detailed information on when and why I collect your personal information, how I use it, the limited conditions under which I may disclose it to others and how I keep it secure.
I use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. I do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. I do not make, and do not allow Google or data gathered by any third parties via my website to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting my website, and I only use that data to make sure the emails I send you on an ongoing basis, remain relevant.
Online data is stored via Aweber – which is fully compliant with GDPR and keeps the data accessible to users to edit or unsubscribe – and has stringent data security in place. Data is never shared with other parties and is strictly for my own use to enhance the service I offer to our clients. AWeber is already self-certified with both the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, and they comply with lawful transfers of EU/EEA personal data to the U.S. in accordance with my their Privacy Shield Certification.
As part of the registration process, I collect personal information. I use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about things you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check my records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. I don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that I hold.
I want you to be absolutely confident that I am treating your personal data responsibly, and that I am doing everything I can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that I am mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller.” Here are the details you need for that:
Controller’s Name: Debbie Talalay
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 07979538378
6 Stamford Brook Avenue, London, W6 0YD
If you are not satisfied with my response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.